Pages

Disable select-text

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Sister Elwood Missionary Work Experience

Following is unforgettable and true story of Sister Jesica Michele Elwood, who is one of the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who served at the Bacolod Philippines Mission and was assigned in La Carlota.

                              Jesica's Story:

Sister Elwood
Sister Elwood
I served Bacolod Philippines Mission from March 2010 to October 2011. La Carlota was her longest area. She had been transferred five times from February 2011 to August 2011.
I miss the La Carlota people and I couldn't forget my experience there. I had learned a lot from the members and the investigator as well. After four months of stay, I was transferred to other area until I went home. I won't forget all the people there. I deeply care for them and I hope to see them after life and I wish our mansion would be near each on the other life.
When I was in La Carlota, I taught many people. I had no time to write all their names. But I want to talk to them and let them know a little about my present life.
I met my hubby in the mission. We first met in Victorias. He was the District Leader in first second transfer when I was in La Carlota. I went home in October 2011. He went home too in October after three weeks. After eight months, we got married at Bountiful Utah Temple.
Sister Jessica's Family
Sister Jessica's Family

At present we have two daughters. The eldest is about two years old.  Her birthday is in June 29th. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. Her name is Himaya Eve. I chose this name when I was in the mission. Of course, my hubby likes it too. We teach her "the Son of God cometh in his glory" (Alma 5:50). 
The second daughter is Ember Eliora, ten months, red hair and blue eyes. The meaning of her name is Light - The light of Christ. Our dream for her is to prosper and to have effective light and soom she would be in the presence of God.
Right now I am a mother, a wife and a secretary of Primary. My husband, former Elder Scott, and now Chanlder is studying in BYU and he works as a software engineer. We live now in Springville, Utah.

For all we know Sister Elwood is well-loved by La Carlota saints. She is very much welcome by the members when she comes back there. She is missed by everyone.

The following are pictures depicting the missionary work of Sister Elwood when she's still in a mission in La Carlota:

Gospel Convert Families
Gospel Convert Families

Community Service Outreach
Community Service Outreach

Ilonggo dialect version: ANG INA-GIYAN NI SISTER ELWOOD SA MISSION

No comments:

Post a Comment