Pages

Disable select-text

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Balik-Tanaw to Cainaman Elem. School

by Gil Camporazo

A retrospect (balik-tanaw) to Cainaman Elementary School on how it grows after 50 years. It's a golden era for CES so to speak then.

Cainaman Elementary School, Division of La Carlota City
Cainaman Elementary School, Division of La Carlota City

It pays to spend a time at the Cainaman Elementary School to join with its 3-part activities as it celebrates its 50th founding day recently. It was indeed a great day for I was able to meet with my previous pupils like Rolando Columna, Raymon Barcenas and Ronelo Moncada.

I would say that this is the Golden Era of Cainaman Elem. School.It is an era of experiences of the good, the bad and the ugly. It is an era of recollections among the pupils, the teachers, the school heads, the parents and the alumni for the best of times they have had for such 50 long memorable years.

It is also an era of acknowledgment of those who had never counted the cost of their efforts and labor which had brought the school in her present state of success and above all, it is an era of adoraton of God's goodness and blessings in which the school was able to overcome any form of trials and tribulations.

Admin Officer V Ruth F. Villanueva
Admin Officer V Ruth F. Villanueva

Ever Supportive Administrative Officer of the Division

LA CARLOTA SCHOOLS DIV. ADMIN OFFICER V, Mrs. Ruth Famillaran-Villanueva graced the 50th founding day anniversary of Cainaman ES. She had brought something for the parents, the pupils, the teachers to be happy about. Soon, according to her, the school will have its own covered court and improved stage in school year 2015-2016.

CAINAMAN ELEM. SCHOOL GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY, my former and first school, Cainaman Elementary. What a renewed acquaintances with my pupils, teachers, supportive parents I have had today as I was invited to my first teaching area and my first assignment as a school head.

This is my Home

Cainanman Elementary School could be considered as my home. It was my first area of teaching assignment and it was again the first area where I was assigned as head teacher before I became a fullfledged school principal.


It is indeed a golden era of Cainaman Elementary School: an experiences worthy to be rememberered by, a recollection of camaraderie, get togetherness and cooperation among the parents, community residents; and a grateful acknowledgment and a perfect adoration to God for the success of this 3-part activities like school Christmas party, family day and alumni homecoming. To God be the glory so to speak.

Mrs. Carole J. Camporazo-Abalajon who is my niece is the head teacher assigned presently to the school. I salute her for being resourceful as a prime mover of this momentous events in the history of Cainaman Elementary School.

My Teachers


How I wish to see all of my academic teachers before like Mrs. Susana Nabor of Grade 1, Mrs. Ninfa Ganza of Grade 2, Mrs. Nelly Salvacion of Grade 3, Mrs. Pacita Gonzales of Grade 4, Mrs. Girlieta Carrera of Grade 5, and Mrs. Teresita Montales there since they were already retired. My relief teacher before was Mr. Mark Tompong who is still in the service and he presently assigned to La Carlota Sugar Central Elementary School. How I wish I could see him there too.

By the way, I am very grateful to my former head teacher, Mr. Vicente Mental when he retired I was promoted to take his place after I was transferred to the central school, La Carlota South Elementary School I sometime in 1998 to 2000.

The Benefactors

Parents and teachers dancing with their school head
Parents and teachers dancing with their school head

The success of the affair was made possible by the cooperation of the parents, the school alumni and the school benefactors. The school alumni was headed by Mario Solis as president with his other officers like Mrs. Mailyn Miguel as vice president, Mrs. Renalyn A. Eslabon as treasuter, Ms. Solita Solis as auditor.

Other present were Barangay Kagawad Hermor Manalo, SGC President Solita Solis and PTA president Cesar Miraflores. Mrs. Ruth F. Villanueva, Division Administrative Officer 5 officially is representing SDS Portia M. Mallorca and ASDS Gladys Amylaine D. Sales.

Former teachers present were Mrs. Nelly Salvacion, Mrs. Teresita Montales, Mrs. Sitchon, Mrs. Colmenares. This is to name a few. I know there were alumni around for I was not able to get their name.

Greetings to Cainaman Elementary School in your golden founding day anniversary. More power and God bless!

26 comments:

  1. Kudos to your blog that celebrates the history and achievements of La Carlota. Every city needs someone like you to blog about their town for posterity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fred Hawson. I really appreciate your praise for inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Education is a treasure and schools are the treasure box. A treasure box should be strong to survive through the years and I see that in this school. The schools of every community or municipality should be like Cainaman. I've been to the provinces of my family and whenever they take me to the school's they've been to (elementary), it saddens them to see that the barangay or even the school isn't doing anything to maintain the school facilities or even the connections with former teachers and students. I hope other school could learn from this post and be encouraged to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such expectation from my former school. By the way, you're right in your observation that Barangay schools like Cainaman is usually being left unattended for assistance in terms of repair and maintenance.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so you're a teacher! That explains your style of comment on my blog post. I really felt I was reading a teacher's comment on my essay. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it make a difference when I commented that way?

      Delete
  4. This is great! Your way of letting people know about your story as well as the places you've been is really commendable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much appreciative for your comment. Letting others know what is in the school is just like making them aware their shared responsibility especially for the education of the school children.

      Delete
  5. Wow, This is really wonderful. The school seems nice and great. The environment is good, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your comment is for sure uplifts us and challenges us to move forward to do much better.

      Delete
  6. it's always to go back on your roots or places that you love too, it's like finding yourself and your memories again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As what the saying goes, "there is no place like home", this is what most of the former teachers, the alumni are doing to get back to their alma mater and see for themselves what they can be of help.

      Delete
  7. thanks for sharing your past and experiences

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings on your foundation anniversary! I salute teachers like you who work hard to elevate the status of education in the country. Must be fun to have this celebration of the school you have helped nurture. Cheers to 50 more years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's look forward on that. Celebrating a memorable event is one way of showing the authenticity of being grateful and expressing a humble of way of thanksgiving.

      Delete
  9. I missed the old days, I hope the school will get promoted and build more building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do hope as what you wish for our school. With the present school administration, there will be more improvement for the school facilities coming in the offing.

      Delete
  10. Congrats to another milestone from your home school! Glad to know you are happy with the state of the institution, and that you have your relative to take the initiative for the school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you were able to relive a lot of nice memory in this event. I guess, you are a better educator based on your experiences in your home school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the Milestone! Way to go Cainaman! :-)

    It's always rewarding to see your previous students. As an instructor, I am fulfilled to see my students on the list of successful examinees of the board exam. I am most happy to see them being my colleagues in the profession.

    Teaching indeed is a noble profession, but where do we teach? At school. So, it's also good to take cognition of the importance and progress of schools. Congrats once again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cainaman Elementary School sounds like a wonderful place to learn. It's great that you have such warm memories of the place and shred them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The schools sounds like a wonderful place to enjoy your youth. I am glad that you were a part of such a great institution and that you have chosen to stay in touch with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.... a respectable profession. Thx for educating the younger generations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really glad the Golden era for Cainaman elementary school has come. Nowadays people seem to care less about quality education, everyone is obsessed with the pursuit of money or fame and values have shifted. So this is quite an achievement for your school and the kids that study there. Quality education is so important for me as a former English teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations and more power to Cainaman Elementary School! As a teacher myself, this also makes me proud to see celebrations like this! Im a proud teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is great and I love visiting my home school as well! Those memories <3

    ReplyDelete